Since 2004 Ottovolante Association of Bologna organizes youth and cultural exchange activities, scholarships for students and teachers, production of teaching materials and methods, scholarships in art, exhibitions, language courses, artist in residence programs, educational exchange projects, study/vacation residence, summer camps, social and cultural thematic paths.
From 2007, the Association have been collaborating and networking with Italian consulates, foreign universities and some of the “Dante Alighieri Society” seats, for the creation of scholarships for young people and teachers, on the themes of the study of foreign languages and the acquisition of professional skills.
Ottovolante have experience and expertise in working in cultural and artistic projects, exchange in youth field and generally promote peace and solidarity throw-out all their projects. One of their main fields of action are the artistic activities applied in the social and professional development. Most of the activities are implemented based on non-formal education methodologies and benefits young people, youth workers, youth leaders, students, artists, teachers, trainers and adult learners from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
Ottovolante realized four intercontinental projects for artists in networking with international partners: “Impronte di futuro”, “Professione Artista”, “Professione Artista 2.0” and "Territori d'arte in dialogo". These project were funded by the Department of Youth of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Government, from the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and from the Legislative Assembly Emilia-Romagna Region. Each of these have involved, for a month, young Italians, Argentinians and Uruguayans in an exchange experience, with the prupose of promoting cultural enrichment and linguistic and professional improvement.
Ottovolante Association is leading organization in the intercontinental project “Differences Challenge Assumptions” - Erasmus+ KA2 Capacity building in the field of youth, that involve 8 countries form 4 different continents.
The Association in all the activities offered is identified with the following purposes:
• the implementation of the principles of peace, pluralism of cultures, and solidarity among peoples;
• the development of the human personality in all its expressions , and the removal of barriers that prevent the implementation of the principles of freedom, of equality, of equal dignity and equal opportunities, promoting the exercise of the right to health, social protection, education, culture, training and enhancement of skills and professional skills;
• research and identification of non-formal approaches to boost growth and youth skills;
• the promotion of participation in democratic life in Europe and the labor market , active citizenship, intercultural dialogue, social inclusion and solidarity;
• the development of the international dimension of youth activities;
• sensitization to the knowledge, respect and protection of the historical, artistic, environmental and natural heritage as well as local traditions and crafts;
• the promotion and implementation of activities aimed to integration, self enhancement and socialization of the disabled and underprivileged;
• training and improving the skills of youth workers who can work in youth organizations .
The areas of intervention and working methods can be summarized as :
• the development, research, proposal and participation in projects and initiatives of solidarity and international cooperation of civil society, education for peace and respect and enhance the environment;
• organization and implementation of para and extra-curricular activities, including summer camps, training, educational fun workshops and courses in general, support the school lunch;
• organization and implementation of non-formal education projects ;
• encourage the development of networks and partnerships between institutions, the third sector and citizens;
• the spread of sport aimed at improving lifestyles, physical and mental condition and the social relationships of the members and/or third parties;
• the development, promotion and implementation of charitable projects, including the implementation of social and educational initiatives, cultural and sports;
• the development, promotion and implementation of projects for cultural exchange and educational/teaching experiences between students and teachers of our school system and that of foreign countries;
• the development, promotion and implementation of projects and training courses and for the growth of the cultural background and/or professional experience of its members and/or third parties.